We all know customers are the lifeblood of every business. That’s why at HITS we are always coming up with ways we can help you to keep your online presence visible and current. While at the same time making it as easy as possible for you to focus on customer experience and communication, rather than being weighed down with admin.
Over the past decade, social media has made the customer experience more comfortable and faster to gauge. Social media can boost your customer experience to a whole new level. You can make your customers happy and keep them that way through social media. There are many ways that you can easily monitor how your customers are feeling and thinking, whether it is reviews, comments, posts or messages.
Here are ten ways social media can supercharge your customer service:
- Say Thank You. Nothing makes your customers happier (aside from freebies and discounts) than knowing that they are being recognised and appreciated. Take time out of every day to reach out to your customers, reply to comments, retweet mentions, answer questions and reply to messages. Reaching out to your customers regularly is a great way to show your gratitude and make them feel that they matter.
- Get blogging. Update your customers on new products and services, events, promos and news about your business through your website. Update this regularly and don’t forget to share your posts on social media.
- Learn from mistakes. It doesn’t necessarily have to be your mistake. Research other brands’ failure, so you don’t fall into the same trap.
- Keep your eyes and ears open. It’s normal to get complaints and negative feedback regarding your product. Social media makes voicing out these complaints easier. Monitor your brand for any negative comment or unsatisfied customers. Reach out to these customers and know more about the issue so you can take immediate and appropriate action.
- Ask for their thoughts. Customers love to share their ideas about your products and services. One of the best ways to get your customers’ opinions is through polls. Short polls allow you to ask for feedback and you’ll be surprised at the ideas you could get!
- Integrate your customers’ feedback into your social media campaign. Monitor your brand’s complaints and suggestions. This will give you an idea of how you can improve your products and services.
- Reply ASAP. One of the best features of social media is being real-time. So if a customer asks about a product, reply immediately. Even if you can’t answer, at least acknowledge the question. If a customer comments on your post or mentions you, respond as soon as possible. Especially if it’s a complaint, Don’T ever brush off or hide negative comments because it will make your customers even angrier. Acknowledge the issue and create a plan to rectify the situation.
- Don’t turn your social media into a chatroom. Got an angry customer? Got a negative comment? Don’t handle the issue in front of all the other customers. Acknowledge the problem by replying to the comment or post and then take it somewhere else to solve. For example, you can directly message or call the customer to address the issue. This way, all the details remain private.
- Have a dedicated social media team or representative. Remember that social media is a critical part of your online presence, and you wouldn’t want to look unprofessional to your customers, right? Train people on what content to publish, how to engage with customers, and how to deal with issues or complaints. If you’re having problems handling your social media, you can always look for a social media manager to help keep you on the right track.
- Engage. The key to growing and maintaining your social media presence is to engage with your customers regularly. That’s why it’s called social media.